WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Friday, January 21, 2011

Some Clarifications

You know, those of you have taken the time to read my previous blogs (see the archive list to the right, and thank you) might be a little confused about some of things that I, the Pope of the All John All The Time World Church, said in those missives, as well as just what it is I do as Pope John The Tall of the AJATTWC.

First off, a little clarification is probably needed about a) whether I live in Southern California or on a remote island in the Sargasso Sea, as I mentioned in my profile and b) whether and how much I beat my dog, Harley, as I also mentioned in my profile. (About the only thing I didn't mention in my profile was my hat size, which I don't know, and the size of my johnson, which, depressingly, I do.)

As to my where I live; I spend most of my time in the Southland, where I'm needed in my role as Pope of the AJATTWC and as a fundraiser for the church's favorite charity, the Home For The Chronically Bewildered. Then during the off-season winter months, Harley and I move back to our island paradise in the Sargasso. (Is that a great word, or what? Almost as good as "gerbil".) Our island is named Snacilbuper (pronounced SNACK-IL-BUPER), which is Republicans backwards; Harley and I are not Republicans, at least I'm not. I used to be until I realized that George Bush would go down as one of the worst presidents this country has ever had, and that he was the best the party had to offer, which scared the hell out of me, and I became a Librarian instead. Excuse me, that's Liberian. (Shit, never mind.) No, we're not Republicans (I don't really know what Harley's political affiliation is, but I know he's too smart to be a Republican.) No, the reason we named our island Snacilbuper was that it was just too funny to pass up.

Now allow me to be serious here for a moment; in light of the Michael Vick dog abuse scandal, the subject of harming a defenseless animal isn't funny, it's sickening. Mr. Vick paid his debt to society, so he's square with the house, for my money. That doesn't make what he did right or any less reprehensible. Just that it's over and its time to move on.

But please know one thing; I was making a joke when I wrote about beating Harley. Truth is, he's a 13-year old Golden Retriever who has been my boon companion for the last seven years (he spent the first six years of his life with my daughter), and I'd cut off my hands before I would harm him in any way.

And he's a good guy. Will Rogers, the humorist from back in the Twenties and Thirties, once said that he had never met a stranger, just friends he hadn't made yet. Harley has the same point of view about people; there's no such thing as a stranger to the Harley Dog, just people who haven't had an opportunity to pet him yet. He will walk right up to almost anyone, stick his big head in your crotch and dare you not to pet him. (Weighing in at 100 pounds and standing 27" tall at the shoulders, the threat has some substance.) A better-behaved, more affectionate being has not yet passed this way. As I frequently tell him, I love him to pieces.

For the record, I never beat my ex-wife either. She was a Shamdar maiden from the O'Ryan Cluster (populated mostly by creatures of Irish descent) of the Milky Way and the Shamdars are people of odd habits. She would frequently walk up to strangers, stick her big head in their crotch and dare them not to pet her. As far as I know, she's never bitten anybody, but you know, there's always a first time.

I wonder if the Shamdars are Republicans?

Love and politics,

PJTT

P.S. I am not a Libertarian either, by the way, nor a Democrat for that matter. I don't have to be; I'm the Pope.

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn