WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Benefits (?) Of Being Pope

There are all kinds of benefits to being the Pope of the All John All The Time World Church: free use of the Popemobile, lifetime medical/dental, loads of hot women flocking to your side (yeah, right, the only way I would get the opportunity to be close to a hot woman is if I were a fireman and some poor lady was ablaze and I had to put her out), the recognition of other world and religious leaders (I just got a call the other day from Winston Churchill, who wanted to discuss my position on the Iranian sanctions, wait, hold on, my Popephone is ringing...JTT...hey, Mike, 'sup?...whatta' mean, it was a crank call?...he's dead?...shit...okay, thanks).

Never mind.

But all the great bennys notwithstanding, there is one VERY big drawback to this gig; there's no retirement/pension plan. That's right, sports fans, being Pope of the AJATTWC does not automatically come with old age security, and at my age (127), that's a real concern.

Or at least it was until my consigliore, Monsignor Michael Jordan (not THAT Michael Jordan) took me aside and explained to me how this whole Pope thing works. (That was him on the phone just now.) It seems that I'm just like those other guys there in Rome that run that Roman Catholic house, you know, the group that has the ex-Nazi as their Pope now; I have to die to leave office.

No retirement party, no gold watch, no enjoying my sunset years in a little place by the shore, no, baby, the only way to leave this gig is feet-first. And nobody explained this to me before I took the job, otherwise I might have gone in a different direction, I don't know, maybe into marketing or maintenance engineering. Shit, I might have gotten a job in politics, because God knows you don't have to be an Einstein for those gigs. (You want proof? Several years ago, the citizens of the great state of Minnesota elected an ex-pro wrestler as their governor (Jesse "The Body" Ventura) and in 2004, in my home state of California, the voters thought that the guy they had elected less than a year earlier, Gray Davis, was a thorough piece of shit, turned him out of office and replaced him with... wait for it...Arnold Schwarzenegger, the movie star, who isn't likely to ever be confused with a Rhodes scholar.) On second thought, I just realized that I'm way overqualified to be a politician; I have an IQ over 75. (Although not much over.)

I'm not real crazy about this whole "'til death I can't part" aspect of being Pope of the AJATTWC; I only took the gig as a bridge between my previous career (ladies-room attendant) and whatever I was going to do next. It seemed like a great job; like I said, great benefits, lots of perks (like the Popemobile), etc. But what a tradeoff; I thought, hey, be the Pope, bring about world peace, wear the big hat, canonize a few saint-like folks and then ride off into the sunset in a blaze of holy cards.

BUT NOOOOOO, you gotta' stay 'til the end, like it or not. And I'm not liking it one bit. I even tried to quit, but they wouldn't let me. They said they had too much money invested in the custom-tailored robes and surplices and all those other Popey accessories. 

So, now that you know all that, aren't you glad George Bush was President and not Pope?

Love and tall hats,

PJTT

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn