WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Since this is the first post on my new "blog" (wouldn't that be a great name for a sci-fi monster; you know, like "The Blog That Attacked Cleveland"), I thought I should introduce myself; my name is John and I am the Pope of the All John All the Time World Church. My offical title is Pope John The Tall, and I am the first of what I hope will be a long line of confused but cordial Popes.

By way of introduction, I thought I might give you some background information on myself.

I was born a poor immigrant child, into a family of Etruscans who were living on the planet Uranus at the time. When I was 43, we emigrated to the planet Zatox after Uranus planetary officials discovered that my parents, Gorvack and Huh?, were on Uranus with no proper identification papers.

I was educated at various schools on Zatox, and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in channel-surfing from the Orion Technical Institute and Pizza Parlor on Star Date 8523.51. I have a Masters from the University of Lower Piedmont in Total Nonsense and a Ph.D. in Hard Knocks from Harvard (IL) University School of Hard Knocks.

I am currently self-employed, mostly because no one will hire me, as Pope of the All John All The Time World Church, and along with my dog, Harley, live in seclusion on a remote island in the Sargasso Sea.
My hobbies are interviewing Civil War generals for articles I never write nor publish, listening to zither music and beating my dog cruelly and viciously every other day, whether he needs it or not.

I am also currently writing my memoirs, "A Day In The Life Of An Irish Setter", hopefully to be published soon.

As Pope of the AJATTWC, I am very active in fund raising for my favorite charity, The Home For The Chronically Bewildered, and would ask that any donations to this worthy organization be sent, in bills of $20 or less, to my home address.

Well, that was certainly a mouthful.

Please watch my blog for my periodic views and opinions on all sorts of news stories, personal points of view, ideas for better living through chemistry (that was, for those of you too young to remember, the slogan for the DuPont Chemical Company back in the '50's; I assume it was tounge-in-cheek) and general nonsense.

And remember, I may be going slow, but at least I'm not getting anywhere.

Love and autobiographies.
PJTT

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to be your daughter. Although, by reading this, no one will really know what an educated, outstanding person you really are. But, neither here nor there, it was very entertaining and my husband thinks you're a blast!
    I love you and I'm glad you now have an outlet, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Dawn

Dawn