WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Sunday, July 17, 2011

Monkey Business


Due to security considerations, the Bored Of Elders of the All John All The Time World Church has never allowed a picture of your Pope Guy to be released previously; according to my consigliore, the Right Reverend Monsignor Michael Jordan, (no, not the one who owns the Charlotte Bobcats), the Bored was further concerned with possibility that a photo of me, once in the hands of the public, could not only be a security risk, but might also be used by unscrupulous persons to scare small children.

But after working on them for the last few weeks, they finally relented and allowed me to release to my adoring followers a picture of myself, suitable for framing, so that anyone who so chooses might enjoy the comfort and solace of having the walls in their home graced with the pleasing aspect of their Pope, smiling down on them in their day to day lives.

WARNING:
THE SEGUE THAT SHOULD APPEAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THIS SENTENCE HAS BEEN REMOVED. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There was an article on MSN.com the other day, an interview with Mr. "1950's Attitudes Towards Women", Hugh Hefner. Seems like Hugh is a little perplexed, and not a slight bit wounded by his recent jilting by former fiance, Crystal Harris, who cancelled their walk down the aisle just a week before the media event was to take place. (Just for the record, Ms. Harris is a youngish 26 years of age, compared to Hefner's mere 85. FYI, and let this rattle around in your brain for a moment, but Hefner was born in 1926. That's correct, opera lovers, Nineteen Twenty Six.)

(Three tortoises at the L.A. Zoo just dropped dead from shock.)

So Crystal found true love with somebody else, huh, Hef? Maybe somebody less than SIX DECADES older than she is, I don't know, maybe someone who wasn't born BEFORE the Stock Market Crash of '29.

I'm sorry to gloat, but it sure looks like a textbook case of being "hoist on your own petard" there, Hugh. And for all the women who were ever screwed over by this douchebag, this one's for you, gurls.

Oh, yeah, the picture above isn't me (I have a lot less hair); no, that's a "self-portrait" done by the animal after being given a digital camera by photographer David Slater; Slater has a whole slew of these photos in his portfolio. (I just wanna' know one thing; how does he get the camera back from the animal?)

Now I don't normally write a "post" on Sundays, agreeing with the thinking of the Creator that Sunday should be a day of rest and watching sports on TV, unless you're watching the Cubs, which shouldn't be under the heading "Sports", but rather under "Comedy" in the TV Guide.

But I felt compelled to provide my faithful followers with at least a brief message with the soothing balm of Johnism, especially if you consider that I haven't written a new post since 7/13. ("Laziness" was NOT one of the Beatitudes: "Blessed are the lazy, for while they accomplish little, they're well rested".)

I wasn't really busy with other matters, or at least not too busy to write a new post, but you know, I just didn't want to. Hey, I can be petulant, I'm human, too. Sometimes, I just don't feel like it.

But knowing how so many of you hang on my very words, look to me for guidance, for solace, for comfort, for the words that will make the message of the soothing balm of Johnism clear and accessible to all of you, I just couldn't shirk my duties any longer.

It's an enormous responsibility, a tremendous burden...and it's all mine.

Dodgers/D-backs today, from the warm, temperate climes of Phoenix AZ (temperature outside at game time yesterday, which was 5:00pm local, was 104; Chase Field, where the Diamondbacks play, is a domed, air-conditioned stadium, which I suspect was NOT what Abner Doubleday, the guy who invented baseball, had in mind when he started his book-publishing business); should be a good one, even with the Boys In Blue struggling the way they are currently.

Hey, baseball is our national pastime, don't forget, despite what the Kardashians believe to the contrary.

Oh, the "soothing balm of Johnism" thing?

Hell, I'll get back to that tomorrow; today, I have a baseball game to watch and maybe later the Harley Dog and I will take a nice, long and leisurely walk. That'll give HD an opportunity to make some new friends.

It's all about priorities, right?

Hey, Hef, sounds like Crystal had her "priorities" in line, whatta' think?

Love, baseball and matrimony, not in that order,

PJTT

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn