WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Attack Of The 26 Foot Tall Marilyn Statue

I'm impressed.

According to the report from AP (that's media "insider" talk for the Associated Pull), written by Don Babwin, "Some of those who took pictures of the sculpture called "Forever Marilyn" were surprised when they came around the side and back of the sculpture and saw honest-to-goodness lace panties on the movie icon."

The 26-foot tall sculpture was recently unveiled in the Daley Plaza in downtown Chicago, home also of the infamous "Picasso" statue, as well as the collection of fiberglass, multicolored "cows" from several years ago.

Now I suspect most sculptors would have just made the area underneath her dress "flat", showing nothing.

But give the artist, Seward Johnson, some credit; he went for, and to mind achieved, total realism.

Lace panties, no less. I'm really impressed. So a big "Atta' Boy" to Mr. Johnson, for his wonderful, and totally realistic, depiction of the subway scene with Marilyn Monroe in the movie "The Seven Year Itch", which also starred Tom Ewell. A great movie, and a great scene showing an incredibly beautiful, and amazingly voluptuous young woman, out enjoying a stroll on a summer's evening with a friend. (I have to figure out how to make friends like that.)

And wasn't "The Windy City" the perfect location to imagine a breeze blowing up a young woman's skirt? I should say. ("My kind of town, Cleveland is..."

Thank you, Seward Johnson; you're my kind of guy.

Another thing that impresses the shit out of your Pope Guy is how difficult it is to come up with topics to write about, several times a week. I'd like to crank out a post on the soothing balm of Johnism every day, but there's only so much sin and evil that needs to be addressed in the world. I mean, you people aren't THAT bad, for crissake.

So I really have nothing else to tell you today, other than to be good, and if you can't, don't get caught. And don't call me if you do; with collections down the way they are here at the All John All The Time World Church, there's no more budget for bail money.

You get busted, you're on your own.

One other thing, then I'm off to my weekend activities with the Harley Dog.

I see where Arnold Schwarzenhooven, the ex-governor of CA, is back in the news again: this time it's something other than his divorce square-off with almost ex-wife Maria Shriver. Apparently, "The Sperminator" has been signed to role in a new movie called "The Last Stand", where TS "plays a cop who leaves the LAPD in disgrace and takes a job in a sleepy border town." (FYI, Maria and Arnold, I was very relieved to hear your son is going to be all right after his surfing accident. You two may be total douche-bags, but your kids, well, they're kids, and they're hands-off. I'm glad he's okay.)

Actually, I had heard that some big movie company was thinking about making a modern version of the 1982 "classic" (using the term loosely), "Conan The Barbarian", and would depict TS as an aging, disgruntled ex-Eastern European Communist official, trying to make his way back to Russia and the "good old days" before the USSR collapsed. The tentative title of the new flick was "Conan The Hungarian", but leaders of the former Communist country put a big "nyet" on the project when they were informed of TS's likely affiliation with the movie. Apparently, Hungarian officials didn't want any more to do with TS than Maria does.

(A number of years ago, I was watching a Marlins/Dodgers game, and the Marlins at the time had a left-fielder named Jeff Conine. At one point in the game when Conine came up to bat, Vin Scully, the venerable announcer for the Dodgers, launched into one of his little "personal" asides that he likes so well, and began talking about Conine's scholastic career, including the fact that Jeff had a degree in Library Science.)

(And I thought to myself...

...wait for it...

..."Conine The Librarian"?)

Anyway, it's going to be sunny and in the mid-80's here in the bucolic and totally over-rated San Fernando Valley, so me and the HD are going to wash the Popemobile and then maybe head down to the beach. And of course, my Dodgers are playing this evening, against the Washington Nationals, who beat the Boys In Blue 7-3 last night, once again allowing people from our nation's capitol to screw up our private lives.

Will it never end?

I think Harley and I need to make a "Missionary Trip" to the Windy City to check out the new Marilyn sculpture.

I don't know about HD, but I've never seen lace panties that big, and I don't want to miss the opportunity to say that I had.

Boy, this gives a whole new meaning to the term "Amazon".

Love and REAL movie stars,

PJTT

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn