WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yo Hablo El Spanishola Y Something


Since the All John All The Time World Church is just that, a world church, as the Pope of this venerable institution, I've decided to start making my "posts" available in languages other than English, such as Chinese, Dutch and Quartle, the language spoken on the planet Hercyon III. The message of the soothing balm of Johnism should never be constrained due to a language barrier, or a criminal indictment for that matter.

So in an effort to give my faithful followers here in the States (Innocence and Confusion) an idea how my deathless prose comes across in say, Spanish or Dutch, and, with all false modesty aside, to showcase my rather impressive linguistic skills, here's today's message, going out to all my brothers and sisters in AJATTWC, as well as to all of you seekers of the light who, as yet, haven't had the joyous experience of being exposed to Johnism.

"El abrelatas de arriba eléctrico de la puerta del garage fue inventado por C.G. Johnson en 1926 en la ciudad de Hartford, Indiana. Los abrelatas eléctricos de la puerta del garage no llegaron a ser populares hasta que Era Meter Company de Chicago ofreciera uno después de la Segunda Guerra Mundial donde la puerta de arriba del garage se podría abrir vía un cojín dominante situado en un poste en el extremo de la calzada o de un interruptor dentro del garage. [1] El contrario a la creencia popular, el abrelatas eléctrico no proporciona la energía de elevación real de abrir y de cerrar una puerta pesada del garage. En lugar, la mayor parte de la energía de elevación real viene a partir de los muelles equilibradores que están bajo tensión para levantar la puerta del garage vía los cables de acero del contrapeso. El abrelatas eléctrico controla solamente hasta dónde la puerta se abre y se cierra, tan bien como la fuerza la puerta del garage ejerce. En la mayoría de los casos, el abrelatas de la puerta del garage también actúa como cerradura. El abrelatas eléctrico típico de la puerta del garage consiste en una unidad de energía que contenga el motor eléctrico. Los agregados de la unidad de energía a una pista. Una carretilla conectó con un brazo que los agregados a la tapa de la puerta del garage resbalan hacia adelante y hacia atrás en la pista, así la abertura y el closing la puerta del garage. La carretilla es tirada a lo largo de la pista por una cadena, una correa, o un tornillo que las vueltas cuando se funciona el motor. Un mecanismo de suelta rápida se ata a la carretilla para permitir que la puerta del garage sea desconectada del abrelatas para la operación manual durante un apagón o en caso de urgencia. Interruptores de límite en el control de unidad de energía la distancia que la puerta del garage se abre y que se cierra una vez que el motor recibe una señal del botón teledirigido o de la pared de funcionar la puerta. [2] La asamblea entera cuelga sobre la puerta del garage. La unidad de energía cuelga del techo y está situada hacia la parte posterior del garage. El extremo de la pista en el extremo contrario de los agregados de la unidad de energía a un soporte del jefe que se ata a la pared del jefe sobre la puerta del garage. La cabeza de la energía es apoyada generalmente por el hierro de ángulo perforado."

Or possibly you would like to see this in Dutch:

"De elektrische luchtopener van de garagedeur werd uitgevonden door C.G. Johnson in 1926 in de Stad van Hartford, Indiana. De elektrische openers van de Deur van de Garage niet werden populair tot Era Meter Company van Chicago na Wereldoorlog II aanbood waar de luchtgaragedeur via een zeer belangrijk stootkussen die op een post aan het eind van de oprijlaan wordt gevestigd of een schakelaar binnen de garage zou kunnen worden geopend. [1] Het tegendeel aan populair geloof, de elektrische opener verstrekt niet de daadwerkelijke het opheffen bevoegdheid om een zware garagedeur te openen en te sluiten. In plaats daarvan, komt het grootste deel van de daadwerkelijke het opheffen macht uit de counterbalance lentes die onder spanning zijn om de garagedeur via staalcounterbalance kabels op te heffen. De elektrische opener controleert slechts hoe ver de deur opent en sluit, evenals de kracht de garagedeur uitoefent. In de meeste gevallen, doet de opener van de garagedeur ook dienst als slot. De typische elektrische opener van de garagedeur bestaat uit een machtseenheid die de elektrische motor bevat. De machtseenheid maakt aan een spoor vast. Een karretje dat met een wapen wordt verbonden dat aan de bovenkant van de garagedeur vastmaakt glijdt afwisselend op het spoor, waarbij en de garagedeur wordt geopend wordt gesloten. Het karretje wordt getrokken langs het spoor door een ketting, een riem, of een schroef die draaien wanneer de motor in werking wordt gesteld. Een quick-release mechanisme is in bijlage aan het karretje om de garagedeur toe te laten om van de opener voor handverrichting tijdens een stroomuitval worden losgemaakt of in geval van nood. De grens schakelt de controle van de machtseenheid de in afstand de garagedeur opent en sluit zodra de motor een signaal van de afstandsbediening of muurdrukknop ontvangt om de deur in werking te stellen. [2] De volledige assemblage hangt boven de garagedeur. De machtseenheid hangt van het plafond en naar het achtergedeelte van de garage gevestigd. Het eind van het spoor op het tegenovergestelde eind van de machtseenheid maakt aan een kopbalsteun vast die aan de kopbalmuur boven de garagedeur in bijlage is. Het machtshoofd wordt gewoonlijk gesteund door geslagen hoekstaal.

I gives me such a thrill to know that I'm able to reach so many more of you by being able to offer my thoughts and teachings in the other languages of our world, so as to connect with as many of you "seekers of truth" as possible. I'm proud of time and effort I've spent in learning other tongues (although my ex-girlfriend, Dee Dee Spanxalot, didn't agree with that point of view, and let's see if you can make that esoteric leap of comprehension) and I hope that all of my brothers and sisters in the faith that speak in the languages of other nations will be as thrilled with receiving the message of Johnism in their native tongue as I am in delivering it to, shit, the Popephone is ringing...

"PJTT...hey, dude, how's the LamaBall coming?...try using a lighter bat...36 ounces, man, that's a big piece of lumber, try 32...yeah, I'm working on it right now...yeah...yeah...no, most of them won't know what it says, so what, its the image that's important...I know its the history of garage-door openers, and YOU know its the history of garage-door openers, but unless you speak Spanish or Dutch, and where the hell do they speak DUTCH these days, in Lower DopeyLand, for chrissake, nobody else will know...hey, its the IMAGE that counts, remember? I'll look like Pope Magnanimous...too bad, its almost done and I'm running it...tell the Bored I'm still the Pope, okay, its my blog and I'll post what I please...no...no...a FREE one year pass to the Playboy Mansion?...okay...okay...yeah, I'll fix it...yeah, YES, okay...I'll call you later...yeah."

Shit.

That was my consigliore, the Right Reverend Monsignor Michael Jordan (no, not the one who has all the Nike shoes); he says that the Bored of Elders of the AJATTWC says I can't post this without an explanation. (Shit.) Okay, the message that appears above isn't exactly the "soothing balm of Johnism", all right, its, well, its something else. (Shit.) Okay, it's the history of garage-door openers from an article on WikiPedia. (Large sigh of embarrassment here.)

There, I fixed it; I just hope you're all happy now.

I'm going to my room to sulk.

Love and Berlitz,

PJTT

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn