WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Return Of Godzilla


Although the clergy from the other church that has a Pope (that would be the Roman Catholics, not to be confused with the Greek Orthodox Catholics, the Russian Orthodox Catholics or Upper Sandusky Catholics, or for that matter, the Lower Zimbabwe eberts) are not allowed to marry, clergy from the All John All The Time World Church are allowed to do so. (By now, if you've read any of my other posts, you should know that an ebert is a small, furry mammal with two heads and an enormous sex-organ. From Lower Zimbabwe. The ebert, not the sex-organ.) So, like better than 50% of the marriages in this country, its possible that the marriage of one of the members of the clergy representing the AJATTWC could go bad, said membership being limited to yours truly. (Hey, it's still a small movement, we're just getting started, okay?) So, yes, I have an -ex, like so many other folks in this crazy world we live in, unlike gays however, who aren't allowed to marry, so, therefore, cannot have an -ex. (I have absolutely no problem with gay marriage, but I have no idea why gays are so anxious to marry; I can only assume they want to be as miserable as married heteros.)

Now my ex- isn't a bad person, and even if she were, I'd keep it to myself, because it always rankles the shit outta' me when I hear some dim-brain asshole start talking about his or her ex- like that person were the reincarnation of Jack The Ripper. Hey, dumbshit, you married him/her? How stupid does that make you? (Men seem to be the worst at doing this but hey ladies, I have to include some of you in this group as well.) I mean, without the good offices of my ex-, to say nothing of her various female parts, internal and external, I wouldn't have my daughter, who is, by far, hands down, the finest person I know. (By the way, I know that sounds biased as hell, but tough crap, she is. If my daughter didn't look so much like me, I'd have her DNA tested, just to make sure I'm her father. She's WAY too good and decent to be my kid; I have no idea what happened.)

Now, I live on the Left Coast, and the ex- lives back in the Midwest, right around Upper Sandusky, so we don't see each other often, nor do I make any attempt to keep track of her activities; after all, we've been divorced since 1982, so a lot of water has passed over the bridge since we went our separate ways. (Don't you hate when people mix their metaphors? "...water OVER the dam...", or "...water UNDER the bridge...", you goofs.)

So you can imagine my surprise when I was saw a headline on the 'Net the other day, something about a "Godzilla-like Creature Found In CA City", and when I clicked on the link, whoa, there was a picture of my ex-, to my great surprise (please see above).

Okay, it took me three-quarters of a page to set that one up, but I couldn't resist. But all that notwithstanding, Mother Nature and I are going to have a long chat about turning things that ugly loose on the unsuspecting world (I'm going to talk to her about Rosie O'Donnell also, in the same vein). That, by the way, is a Monitor lizard, and I wouldn't have known that if they hadn't said so in the article.

According to the report, some lady living in an apartment complex somewhere in Northern California looked out the window of her apartment one morning and saw this monster WALKING DOWN THE SIDEWALK. Out for a stroll, I assume. She called 911, and when the police showed up, they called the Animal Control folks, figuring, I guess, that since it was a monster, but not necessarily a criminal, it really wasn't their jurisdiction. Smart move, for my money. Besides, if just being ugly were a crime, Rosie would have been in jail years ago. The Animal Control people were able to get one of those loops they use on unfriendly dogs around it's neck and hauled it off to the pound, or wherever they take monsters upon capture. (The AnCon people speculated that, given the size of this thing, it was probably someone's pet, gone missing. If that's a pet, what's next, somebody's very own personal brontosaurus?)

Okay, I apologize for the "gee, what's a picture of my ex- doing on the Internet" joke; I am abject in my contrition.

But you know, if I had known back then that she had a tongue like that, I might have stayed married to her.

Love and Rodan,

PJTT

copyright 2011 Krissongs, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn