WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF POPE JOHN THE TALL, LEADER OF THE ALL JOHN ALL THE TIME WORLD CHURCH


******PLEASE NOTE******

(Notice I said please.)

To those of you who are new to "the Pope" and the "AJATTWC", the following various posts are the official communications of yours truly, Pope John The Tall, or as I'm known in many circles, PJTT.

I aspired to the position of Pope of the AJATTWC several years ago, after the Roman Catholics elected Joseph Ratzinger, a German Cardinal, as their Pope; I figured if he could do it, so could I.

Despite what would seem to be a "religious" theme, I try not to play favorites: I'm satirical/irreverent about everything, in an attempt to give my readers a few yucks; that is the goal. If I haven't made you laugh, well, I tried, and I hope I'm given an "A" for the effort. (Or at least a really solid "C".)

I further hope that my faithful readers (all several of them) and any of you who wander in from the cold of the Internet, will derive much solace and spiritual awakening from my timeless prose, and, as I so often refer to it, the "soothing balm of Johnism"; if you don't, how sad for you, because I'm a pretty funny guy. (My daughter tells me, regularly, that I'm "silly"; I suspect that she's right.)

Please note that everything on my blog is meant to be fun, and in no way insulting to anyone, unless of course you're a politician, then you can assume I intended to insult you. (Hey, it goes with the job, guys; if you can't take the heat, then the harder they fall.)

Never mind.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for stopping by; please feel free to peruse to your heart's content (there is a large archive of my past posts, going back several hundred years, in the right-hand column), and please be sure to make a large donation at the door as you leave. (It's tax-deductible.)

Speaking of leaving, as I make my exit, and probably none too soon, here's something from the Book of Excretions, Apollo 13: Dodgers 6...

"Blessed are the lazy, for although they don't accomplish much, they're well rested."

Enjoy. (Or don't, it's still a free country. It is still a free country, isn't it? They haven't changed that as far as I know, have they?)





Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Candid Camera

Your Pope (that would be me, John The Tall, leader of and third base coach for the All John All The Time World Church...see the above explanation for how I managed to attain this exalted position), has decided to use images rather than the written phrase in today's essay, for according to Arthur Brisbane, a newspaper editor, back in 1911, a picture is indeed worth a thousand words, or at least several dozen anyway.

Please note that I have no particular message in mind here, making Mr. Brisbane's assertion, at least in this instance, moot.

However, a good friend recently posted the above photo, which I took on my daily walk just this past Sunday, to his Facebook page, and he tells me that the response from his various FB buddies was so favorable that he felt that I should, "just take a bunch of your best shots and post them to your blog, you moron, people really like your stuff", so here I am, posting as directed.

So in no particular order, here are some of what I believe to be my better "shots" from over the years I've been taking pictures...I hope you enjoy them.

********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
(I call the above "The Drunk Squirrel")
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
********
And the most beautiful photo I ever took, because of the subject matter, which was my amazing, wonderful daughter, Kristina, age 18 months...your old Dad loves you a ton, sweety.

Love and shutter speeds,



PJTT

All of the above photos, copyright 2014 Krissongs Inc.
 
These images may not be used without permission, unless you're just sharing them with your friends, then that's fine. But if you use them to make a buck, I want my cut off the top, okay?



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Dawn

Dawn